Have you ever faced a situation when your furnace stopped working all of a sudden in the middle of a cold night? Well, we hope you haven’t and wish you don’t have to. But, your furnace breaking down in the middle of the night could be a total nightmare.
The best way to avoid any disruption with your furnace is to get it checked and repaired by an expert by searching for heating repair near me online. But, before doing so, read on to know about some common problems you might face with your furnace and ways to solve them on your own.
19 Common Furnace Problems
- You might sometimes notice that your furnace is not heating efficiently. In such a situation, you should reset your circuit breaker and check your system. If not, you may have to call the professionals.
- The safety switch of your furnace might come off. This may happen if the furnace door is not rightly placed so, all you need to do is adjust the furnace door.
- A lot of times, your thermostat is the root of your system’s problems. Well, you can easily adjust the thermostat and make sure it is set on heat mode.
- Your furnace may not be warming up your space efficiently. For a quick fix, you should make sure that the air filter is unclogged.
- Problems because of debris: If your family members are constantly getting dust allergies, you should make sure that the area near the furnace is clean and debris-free.
- Burner failure: This generally happens when the burners are contaminated. So, you should make sure the burner is free from debris.
- An issue with the blower: For this, you need to make sure that you lubricate your furnace’s blower.
- Problem with the limit switch: You need to make sure that the limit switch of your system is working correctly so that your blower doesn’t keep on running unnecessarily.
- Faulty pilot control or ignition system: You should check the ignition system, and if you spot a problem, you can try to repair it as per the user manual or call professional HVAC services.
- Furnace constantly turning off and on: In this case, if your system is old, you should consider replacing your air filter.
- No air blowing from the furnace: In this case, you should again make sure your furnace blower is clean.
- The blower of your gas furnace is constantly running: For this, first, you should make sure the thermostat is not in continuous mode; if not, contact an expert.
- Your furnace is creating noise: To solve this, you can insulate the ductwork or lubricate the furnace’s motor.
- Some parts are not getting warm: In this situation, you should look at all the openings or vents to make sure they are open.
- Problem with the flame sensor: In such a case, you should try cleaning the flame sensor first.
- The gas line is off or closed: To solve this, make sure that the gas line is open.
- Gas leak: In such a situation, get away from the furnace and contact an expert immediately.
- Clogged exhaust openings: To triumph over this, clean the area around the pumps and openings.
- Not working efficiently: Due to the furnace being old, you may have to get your system replaced.
If you are experiencing any specific problems, you can quickly solve them now. But, if the problem doesn’t get solved, immediately contact B.L.R. Heating and Repair for furnace repair Woods Cross UT.